Electrical Fault Finding – Sydney
Any electrical system, whether it’s installed in a commercial or a residential property, can and probably will experience a fault at some point in time. The occurrence of a fault or an abnormal electric current can be caused by many factors, with the biggest and most common of all being that the electrical system itself has fallen to neglect and has not been subjected to regular preventive maintenance for a long time.
If you would like to have Scott Electrics take a look into your property, get in touch today. Call us on 02 9807 7408 or submit and enquiry and we’ll get back to you.
An electrical fault, if left alone long enough to actually cause problems, could result in not only property damage but also serious bodily injury or even death by electrocution to those exposed to anomalous electric currents.
Effects of electrical faults
- Risk or danger of electrocution. An electrical fault can result in property occupants receiving shocks or getting electrocuted. The severity of the shock usually depends on the amount of current and voltage, as well as the location of the fault itself. This can easily result in grievous injury or even death.
- Equipment loss. An electrical fault can result in a heavy flow of electricity going through devices and appliances. This can easily cause delicate circuitry and wiring inside those electronics or electrical appliances to short and burn out, rendering them unusable or damaging them completely.
- Widespread connection disturbance. An electrical fault at a specific spot in the system not only affects the devices or appliances in its vicinity but all other devices connected to the system as well. This obviously multiplies the potential damage to property and loss of productivity brought about by the original fault.
- Electrical fires. Short circuit faults, especially severe ones, can cause sparks or explosions that can then trigger a full-fledged blaze. This can easily destroy any property as well as put lives at risk.
Causes of Electrical Faults
- Equipment failures. Electrical appliances and equipment such as motors, generators, transformers, refrigerators, switching devices and others can cause short circuit faults due to malfunctioning, aging, wearing out of components, cable insulation failure and others. A short circuit fault happens when an active wire comes into contact with a neutral return wire, causing a large amount of electricity to flow through the circuit. This can easily burn delicate circuitry or components in machinery or equipment and it may even cause electrical fires or explosions.
- Human error. Electrical faults can also occur due to human error. For example, the electrical system itself may have been installed incorrectly or in a substandard manner, resulting in exposed wiring or poorly planned power point positioning. Poor workmanship can also result from the wrong kind of equipment being installed, such as wiring or circuit breakers that are not graded to take the power draw or load demanded by the equipment or assets in the property.
- Vermin or pests. Rodents, insects and other pests can gnaw at electrical wiring or choke up equipment with dirt or debris. They themselves may even come into contact with exposed wiring and become the very source of the fault when they die and their carcasses block the flow of current. This can be very hard to detect by property owners since this usually takes place in unseen nooks and crannies of a house or building.
As such, it’s in your best interest to have our electricians at Scott Electrics inspect your property for potential presence of electrical faults. We are local electrical contractors whose team of expert electricians provide a wide variety of professional electrical services, including electrical fault finding, maintenance work and repairs. With us on the job, you can rest assured that no potential source of electrical fault—no matter how big or small—will remain undetected.
Scott Electrics may be a small outfit, but we’re not to be underestimated. Through our skills, our know-how and our dedication to excellence and professionalism, we’ve built up a growing community of satisfied and loyal customers not just in Sydney but also in other locations throughout New South Wales. These areas include Balmain, Chatswood, Epping, Gladesville, Lane Cove, Macquarie Park, North Ryde, Putney and Ryde.
Residential and Commercial Fault Finding Services in Sydney
For some property owners, keeping their electrical systems in tiptop shape only comes as an afterthought. In fact, their idea of electrical maintenance might simply involve fixing a power point or two or checking to see if the utility bill is being paid on time. Such neglect is a potential recipe for disaster, since electrical systems need proper regular inspection and actual maintenance. Otherwise, untold damage to both assets and life can happen as a result. This is why electrical fault-finding is essential.
Have Scott Electrics Sort Out Electrical Faults in Your Property Today
Don’t run the risk of an electrical fault putting all your hard work and investment to waste. Get in touch with Scott Electrics now and we’ll have our team of expert electricians professionally scour your property’s electrical system for potential sources of faults. From there, we’ll let you know about what we find and what needs to be done to resolve the situation, allowing you to make an informed choice about the security and protection of your Sydney property.