Help with Energy Costs from Bondi Junction Electricians
Energy prices are continuing to increase and are causing problems for domestic customers and businesses alike. At the same time, there are growing concerns about the environment and pressure to cut down on harmful emissions.
At Scott Electrics, our electrical services in Bondi Junction can help you to meet these twin challenges by installing energy-efficient components for your electrical system. This will not only reduce the use of electricity and so lower your bills, but it will also reduce fossil fuel use and so help to combat climate change.
Reducing Energy Use with Assistance from an Electrician in Bondi Junction
For both business and domestic users, there are several ways you can reduce your energy use:
- installing double or even triple glazing on all windows and draught-proofing windows and doors
- using laptop rather than desktop computers since they are much more energy efficient
- switching off all unused equipment, especially overnight, since those left on stand-by continue to use electricity unnecessarily
- turning down thermostats and taking quick showers rather than baths
- always having full loads when washing and drying clothes.
Our Bondi Junction electricians can also help you to save on electricity use through several measures. These include:
- Upgrading your lighting system for increased energy efficiency. Traditional light bulbs generate heat as well as light and so are extremely inefficient, burning out frequently and converting only around 5% of the electricity used into light. Although LED light bulbs are more expensive to buy than traditional bulbs, they last up to 25% longer and use 90% less energy, so will pay for themselves quickly. We can also install sensors, especially in rooms that are used infrequently, so the lights only come on when movement is detected.
- Upgrading electrical switchboards and electrical system generally. Old wiring may be worn and not designed for the heavy loads that modern appliances and gadgets impose. This may cause overheating and wasted energy so rewiring will increase efficiency. Although this may seem an expensive solution, it also increases the safety of the system, as will replacing an outdated fuse box with a modern consumer unit, so you’re less likely to need an emergency electrician from Bondi Junction.
Any Type of Electrical Services from Scott Electrics
Upgrading your electrics can have a significant effect on energy use but it’s only a fraction of what our electritians in Bondi Junction do. We can undertake emergency repairs promptly and efficiently, install ceiling fans to keep you cool, install extra power points and data cabling, and provide complete electrical services for property extensions or refurbished areas including kitchens and bathrooms.
We offer a wide range of electrical services throughout Bondi Junction, and we do them very well. But you don’t have to take our word for it; just read the reviews from our customers on the website. We also have enough confidence in the quality of our work to provide a full warranty for both parts and labour, so that you can have confidence in what we do.
Get in touch and tell us what you need. We’ll let you know what we can do, how much it will cost and get it done promptly so you’ll feel the benefit immediately. Read Less