24/7 Emergency Electrician in Botany
If you’re searching for an emergency electrician in the Botany area, then you’ll be pleased to learn that Scott Electrics operates a 24/7 service, especially for emergencies in your area. We have electricians in Botany on standby, ready to drop on to a crisis situation within 60 minutes. Help is at hand, but before your pick up the phone and call us, let’s take a few moments to establish just what sort of emergency you have and what you need to do next.
To assist with this next step assessment, we have created two quick checklists.
First thing to establish is what exactly has gone wrong. Here are four key signs that you need somebody to your home to help you.
- Are you having problems with your switchboard? A giveaway sign that it’s overloaded is that it constantly trips. It’s easy to have too many power-sucking appliances on a circuit that can’t cope. This would need attention if it’s tripping regularly.
- Are your sockets or the plugs in them sparking? This is a clear fire hazard and you’ll need to get an electrician to your Botany home as soon as possible. Dust and fluff can ignite from a socket or plug that persistently sparks, so this should be switched off until an electrician has completed their repairs.
- Have you noticed any lights flickering? This can happen when you first switch them on but may also happen randomly. It can be a sign of overloaded circuits but more likely loose wires. The wiring, switches and lights need a maintenance review as quickly as possible.
- Have you detected a smell of warm plastic or rubber? You may have even seen some smoke. This is a critical scenario that could become worse at a moment’s notice. Don’t delay in getting help to your home.
Under Australian regulations, it is not permitted for unqualified personnel to install, modify or repair electric circuits and systems. So, please don’t attempt to sort this problem yourself. Apart from being highly dangerous, it could land you in a lot of trouble and violate the terms of your home insurance. It’s a risk that’s not worth taking. To get hold of our Botany electrician, call us now.
This is What you Need to do Next to Get an Electrician to your Botany Home in an Hour
Now that you have established that you have an emergency and you need an electrician in Botany quickly, carry out these few extra steps to help make sure your home is safe before you do anything else.
- Turn your switchboard off. You may wish to put lighting around your home and dig out your torch if you’re experiencing this emergency during the night.
- Be clear in your mind exactly what the problem(s) are. It will help when you speak to our emergency call-out operator in a few minutes.
- Remind the family to leave fridges and freezers closed. Maybe even tape over the seal to stop younger family members from using the appliances when they are vulnerable to defrosting quickly.
Let’s Get on the Phone to Callout our Botany Electrician
For your emergency and all your electrical services in Botany, call Scott Electrics immediately on 02 9807 7408. We’ll get our Sydney’s electricians on the road and with you within 60 minutes. Read Less