Call Now – Emergency Electrician for Paddington Residents
If you are searching for a 24/7 emergency electrician to call at your Paddington home, then you have found the right team. Here at Scott Electrics, we have put together a couple of checklists to help you decide what sort of emergency you have and to give you some direction about getting an electrician to Paddington. If you do confirm that you need somebody to attend immediately, then we can have somebody at your door in under 60 minutes.
Here are the top four areas where the main problems occur. They all need immediate attention.
- Is your switchboard functioning correctly? If you’ve had to rest the switchboard due to a circuit tripping, then it’s probably a sign of overload. This could lead to something more dangerous but obviously, the board needs attention before anything more sinister surfaces.
- Have you seen sparks in your sockets or plugs? This is a certain fire hazard. Sparks can ignite the smallest collections of dust or fluff. Don’t use this socket until you’ve had your system checked over.
- Have you noticed a smell of hot plastic or whiffs of smoke? If you have witnessed these symptoms, then you have an urgent problem and you need our Paddington electrician to visit straight away.
- The final sign to watch for is flickering lights. This may happen when you first put the lights on but could happen at any time really. This is often caused by poor or loose wiring but can also be system overload.
Working on electrical circuits in the home or business is a job for professionals. Australian legislation dictates that only qualified and licensed electricians in Sydney can install or repair electrical systems in your home. Try to fix any of the above issues yourself could land you in deep trouble, risk the safety of your family and violate your home insurance cover. Don’t risk a quick fix; it’s just not worth it.
Check this List & Then We’ll Get your Emergency Electrician off to Paddington
Depending on what your circumstances are, you could be on the phone in a minute or so, talking to one of our team. Take a moment to evaluate and confirm your situation. This will assist our operator and ensure you get the right type of help at the earliest possible moment.
- Turn off the power at the switchboard. If it’s night time, then you may want to place some camp lights around your home and move around assisted by a torch.
- Is it possible to confirm exactly what your problem is? Don’t worry if you cannot, but any information like this will help our emergency operator.
- Let the family know that fridges and freezers need to stay closed whilst the power is off.
- If any family member has electrical medical equipment in the home, then maybe the power supply needs to stay on. If so, make sure these pieces of equipment are the only things connected to a safe socket.
Now you’ve done your failsafe tasks, call Scott Electrics on 02 9807 7408. Our Paddington electrician will be despatched and with you inside an hour. Read Less