60 Minute Emergency Electrician for Redfern Residents
It’s true, we can get one of our Redfern electricians to your emergency in under 60 minutes. Take a breath and a few minutes to evaluate where you are with your emergency. It may not be as pressing as you think but then again, it may be very important to get somebody to look at your situation immediately.
We have put together a 2-minute checklist of some highly important key issues to check and see if you need an emergency electrician at your Redfern home.
Here are four signs that we need to come and see you now. You don’t need all of them, one will do, to send alarm bells.
- Your switchboard keeps tripping. This is usually a sign of overloaded circuits and potentially needs some work to re-balance your power usage through your switchboard.
- Lights keep flickering when you put them on and then intermittently. This is another sign of overload but can also be loose wiring or connections. It could be a simple fix.
- Have you seen sparks in your sockets or plugs? This is a potential fire hazard. No ifs or buts, you need somebody skilled to check your circuits.
- There’s a smell of warm plastic or you’ve seen whiffs of smoke. This is a dangerous warning sign. Take no more risks. Switch off your power and get an electrician to Redfern
Australian regulations stipulate that any electrical work, whether new or repaired must be carried out by fully trained and licensed electrical technicians in Sydney. This means that you must not attempt this work yourself. Similarly, a friend “who knows what they are doing” is not good enough either. Any electrical fire risk is a danger to life and property. Insurance could be invalidated and criminal charges could be taken. Let Scott Electrics take the strain, we have an electrician in Redfern ready to attend your home.
Do these things Now & Make a Call for Your Emergency Redfern Electrician
Having checked the steps above, you’re now certain that you have an emergency situation. Here’s what to do next.
- Turn the power off at the main switchboard. If you are checking this at night, place some temporary lights around your home and move around with a torch.
- If you can, confirm exactly what it is that is causing the problem. This is to help our 24/7 operator give you the right advice.
- Remind the family to leave the fridges and freezers closed until this is resolved.
- Medical equipment needs to remain functioning where possible. This should be a supply to these appliances only and from a socket(s) that does not have a problem.
- Once your situation is stabilised, call our 24/7 helpline on 02 9807 7408. We’ll get our Redfern electrician to you within the hour.
Scott Electrics Rapid Reaction Team – For all your Electrical Services in Redfern
Here at Scott Electrics, we take customer service very seriously. It is especially important in emergency situations that a high level of reliability and skill are applied to ensure a problem doesn’t become more of an issue and is resolved as quickly as possible. Call our electricians in Redfern now on 02 9807 7408 and let us take the strain out of your situation. Read Less