Scott Electrics provide a range of electrical services for all residential and commercial premises in Sydney.
Our electricians are fully licensed, insured and experienced, using the latest technology and equipment to ensure the premise is compliant with your energy consumption needs.
Respect for your space and privacy is important to you. That’s why each service is performed with minimal disruption to your lifestyle. Every effort is made to leave your premise looking spotless, the only evidence of our visit is safe and reliable electrical utilities.
Whether your priority is adding value to the home, improving the productivity of your staff, or resolving an emergency issue – a prompt and reliable electrician will have the solution for any scenario.
24/7 Emergency Electricians on Standby
A sudden loss of power or electrical fault can not only disrupt your day… but also put lives at risk.
Thankfully, fast and friendly emergency support is only a phone call away.
Our team of emergency contractors are available 24/7 to resolve any electrical issues in the day or night. And all emergency vehicles are fully equipped to handle electrical issues of any size or scale.
Call (02) 9807 7408 to speak to a friendly customer support member. We will immediately dispatch the nearest technician to your location.
Don’t have the time or patience to install your new appliance?
Save yourself from the hassle of electrical installations. Let our qualified contractors take care of the hard work for you. We provide a range of electrical installation services for all residential and commercial utilities. Our contractors are highly experienced in the installation of:
- Electrical appliances
- Smoke alarms
- Safety switches
- Security alarm systems
- Security lighting
- Fibre optics
- Data and telephone cabling
- Exit and emergency lights
- Power & lighting circuits
Power surges can severely damage and break all types of electrical and electronic appliances. Your computers, TVs, white goods such as fridges and washing machines, audio equipment and games consoles amongst others are all at risk. A surge may come as the result of a lighting storm or as the result of a fault on the supplier/grid side, in any case each are out with your control. Scott electrics offer a solution to protect your appliances from damage caused by a surge. Call us today and ask how.
Electrical faults can cause extensive damage to your appliances, can cause you to get electric shocks and can even start a fire in your home. If you are not in the habit of regularly checking over your home for signs of an electrical fault, it is worth making the time. That way, you can catch issues early, and call in expert help.
Electrical fault finding can sometimes be easy if there is an obvious problem such as a faulty appliance plugged into the circuit, which is often the case. Before calling an electrician you can try the following steps:
- Find your switchboard and look for any tripped circuit breakers or safety switches, try re-setting. If it resets, great! If not, read on.
- If the tripping circuit is marked, i.e “ground floor power” Unplug all appliances from that area. If in doubt, unplug everything. Use the same methodology with lights if applicable. Turn off all lights at the switch. Try resetting the circuit breaker or safety switch.
- If the circuit breaker or safety switch resets now that everything is unplugged or switched off, go round and plug in each appliance or turn on each light one at a time until the circuit trips again. This will highlight the faulty piece of equipment or light. Either bin it or have it repaired.
- If the above doesn’t work you may have a problem in the wiring or switchboard. In this instance you should call a licenced electrician to attend and repair.
- Do not attempt to open any electrical equipment up unless you are a licenced electrician.
Switchboard Upgrades &
Safety Switch Installation
The switchboard or fuse box for your property is the last point at which protection is offered to you and your family. Making sure it is up to standard and is capable of offering the protection needed against modern day electrical consumption should be at the top of your to do list. You should consider having your switchboard upgraded if –
- Your home is over ten years old and it hasn’t been upgraded in that period. You most likely do not have safety switch protection.
- In the last ten years you have, like many of us, been keeping up with modern living and buying or replacing electrical appliances.
- You still have ceramic fuses that require fuse wire to be installed when the fuse blows
If you answered yes or you do not know the answer to any of the above questions. Scott Electrics can carry out an audit to establish the condition of your existing switchboard before you commit to an entire upgrade, sometimes without having to attend. Upload a photo of your existing switchboard here to get free expert advice.
You could save money and make a difference to the environment immediately! LED lighting has up to 80% less consumption compared with its halogen equivalent. Replacing halogens with LED reduces the harmful effects to the environment whilst reducing your cost of lighting a room by up to 80%. In an average 3 bedroom home with 4 occupants, the cost to install is usually recouped in less than 18 months, after which it’s just saving upon saving. LED’s also have an expected lifespan of 10-15 years. They’re just better. Submit an enquiry and find out how we can help you save today.